Mar 19, 2006

Feat!

This weeks 'Illustration Friday' theme was 'Feet'. I try to push myself with these and not settle for an easy way out. Not always though, some times just drawing a literal approach in a unique way is fun.

To be honest when I saw 'Feet' as the theme I thought to myself "Oh god! I hate drawing feet." Then a little while later I thought "That's it. Oh God!" Thus this concept came to mind. I decided to handle this more like a logo then a full blown illustration.



“HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GLAD TIDINGS OF GOOD THINGS!” - Romans 10:15

12 comments:

Robert McLaughlin said...

I like the approach--and the serious meaning of your illustration. At least that's what I saw. Check for a link back to your site on my blog.

Shelley said...

That is awesome! I love the layers of meaning.

RkBall said...

Are these meant to be Christ's feet?

Roz Foster said...

Well, Holy Jesus! ; - D

Ursa said...

Jesus Superstar

Chad Baldwin said...

Simple, however very powerful. Great Illustration. I also wanted to say, I checked out your site/sites and I love your style! I would love to add your link to my web blog!

The Unknown said...

Nice. Looks like something from a Grendel comic or maybe nija Jesus.
love

A Little Hut said...

Very cool as always Von. I can totally relate. I hate drawing feet so I also skirted the issue.

Steam Crow said...

Nice, clean job. Thanks for drawing the pain, Vonster.

Alina Chau said...

very nice design!!

Nuff said...

excellent image. I found your site following through illustrator links on a Saturday afternoon.

Had to give this one a nod.

Nuff said...

striking indeed. Had to comment.